The Industrial Coordination Act (ICA), 1975 requires person(s) engaging in any manufacturing activity to obtain a licence from the Licensing Officer* in respect of such manufacturing activity. The objective of the Act is to ensure orderly development and growth in the manufacturing sector. Only manufacturing companies with shareholders’ funds of RM2.5 million and above or engaging 75 or more full-time employees need to apply for a licence under the ICA. In this context, “manufacturing activity” is defined as the making, altering, blending, ornamenting, finishing or otherwise treating or adapting any article or substance with a view to its use, sale, transport, delivery or disposal and includes the assembly of parts and ship repairing but shall not include any activity normally associated with retail or wholesale trade.
NO-OBJECTION-LETTER FOR THE LOCATION OF PROJECTS
All manufacturing projects need to obtain approval from the State Government for the location of a project. Approval in the form of a no-objection-letter from the State Government to verify the location of project in the designated zone can be obtained by applying to the relevant State agency. The no-objection letter needs to be subsequently submitted to MIDA for the issuance of the manufacturing licence.
Who Should Apply
Any company in Johor which received
‘Letter of Manufacturing License Approval’ from MITI / MIDA (interim letter)
Why Should You Apply
According to the ‘Letter of Manufacturing License Approval’, MITI / MIDA requires the applicant(s) to obtain a
‘No Objection Letter (NOL) from Johor State’ before the Manufacturing License can be awarded
- Please Sign In or Sign Up to apply
- Complete the NOL e-form
- Ensure all required supporting documents are attached:
• Form 9, 24 and 49
• A list of products (end products) or attached the products catalogue if available
• A copy of the Letter of Manufacturing License Approval from MITI / MIDA
• A copy of Land Title / Land Conversion Approval
• A copy of Certificate of fitness
• A copy of Sale & Purchase / Tenancy Agreement
• A copy business licence form local authority
* All documents must be certified by Company Secretary or Commissioner of Oath
Level 3, Dato Abdul Rahman Andak Building, Kota Iskandar,
79000 Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia.
email : email@example.com
APPLICATION FOR MANUFACTURING PROJECT IN JOHOR UNDER CONDITION OF MANUFACTURING LICENCE BY MINISTRY OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INDUSTRY